Friday, December 31, 2010

New Years Resolution List

It's 2011 bitches, 1 year before the end! How are you gonna spend your year? Building a fallout shelter? Good luck! Stockpiling ammo and food supplies? Probably not a bad idea in case Zombies take over... Getting sober? Well fuck that, I say drink up... shit's about to hit the fan!

Before apes invade, before the moon collides with the earth, before a third world war or the second big bang... I just need to get some things straight! Here's my list of shit to do in 2011:

1. Complete a Movie Script
Right now I have started a few, but it's time to really sit down and write!

2. Perform a Marriage Ceremony
Steven Stilp and Kristin Kelley are getting married on June 10th this year, and have asked me to oversee the ceremony.

3. Replace pipes in Basement
There are a few leaks down there, and before I finish the ceiling in the Bar, I need to reroute some pipes. I also need to change out the sacrificial rod in the water heater. There's a good deal of plumbing for 2011.

4. Blog at least twice a month
Well I am getting closer to this goal, and I do need a creative outlet of some kind... so this one should be plausible.

5. Complete promo set for Pregnant Hillbillies
Tracy has done a great job of completing the illustrations for this set; I just need to sit down and build the cards, then complete the rules, and finally print everything out for testing.

6. Fill all four garden beds and use at least 50% of what grows
Well I built the garden beds, might as well fill them huh? My step mom has pledged me a good deal of strawberries, Dan has taken some interest in gardening, Sherre is going to help me plan the veggies, and I may just give away one of the plots to any friends without enough room for their own garden. Ideally this will be a communal friends and family garden.

7. Brew 20 gallons of Beer
Well I have the Mr. Beer kit right now, with 7 gallons of beer ready to go. However, I would like to purchase a 5 gallon ale pail so I can take a little more responsibility in my brewing. Matt has one, and I am helping him with his first brew there, seems easy enough!

8. Lose 35 lbs
I have joined a team for the 2011 Community Weight Race in Stevens Point, and this goal seems a bit lofty, but attainable. After all, I did build a decent little gym in my basement, just have to use it more often!

9. Build a Cat Tree/House
I've always wanted to try my hand at a cat tree... time to start! My cats are cool, they deserve a functional play tower. So, I am going to gather some good carpet scraps, and design a cool cat tree house for them.

10. Get the cover art for Globe finished
If I can't get someone to complete this by the end of the year, I am gonna have to do it myself! I can draw, but it will take me forever to do a decent job.

11. Spend 3 nights in a row not at home
I know, weird right? But I haven't spent more than 2 nights away from my home in over 10 years. It's time to take a vacation, even if it's just to the Dells.

12. Read 3 books
Yeah I know, this is the craziest thing on the list. If you know me, you know my lack of reading ability. So here goes. I will read 3 books this year. In fact, I will read the first three books posted in comments to this blog. 1 book suggestion per person, and if no one comments (highly likely) I will choose three on my own. Make'em good people!

So there is my list for 2011, sounds tough but I am going to complete it 100%! Oh and if you are getting sober, please continue to do so... we'll tackle the Apocalypse together!

6 comments:

  1. Orange is the New Black by Piper Kerman
    Enjoy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok 5 pounds have been lost, 2 gallons brewed and 2 more brewing (also helped bottle 10 gallons but we won't count that, Globe cover is underway (THANKS TRACY!), 5 pages added to main script, missed blogging in January (I blame Solarus) but made both blog posts in February, and I think that's it so far...

    ReplyDelete
  3. 6 gallons now brewed
    Ceremony is being written
    A few new pages on the movie script
    Priced dirt for the garden
    Falling short on blogs, but did do 2 in Feb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marriage Ceremony DONE.
    Fill garden plots DONE.
    Plant garden plots DONE.
    Brewed 8 gallons of beer...
    Only got to two nights away from home...
    Added 1000 disc golf holes as a goal for this year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Read "The Handmaids Tale."

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay, Pipes are somewhat done, there is just a leak that needs fixing. Also, look at that, blogged again! Short on holes, stopped around 900... may need to do some winter discing.

    ReplyDelete