Sunday, January 6, 2013

Recap of 2012 Resolutions


My last reflection of 2012 is a recap of my New Year’s Resolutions.  I had a 10 point list with multiple steps per point.  Well… that was overkill.  I would rate myself at about 68% on the year.  I completed 6 and half completed the other 6.  Here’s a quick recap:

Blog – I was aiming for 12 blog entries, and I completed this task.

Fitness – I wanted to join Adventure 212 and go 100 times last year, I made it to about 38 times.

Home Projects – I wanted to complete a few of these, instead I worked on some outdoor projects to improve the lawn and make lawn maintenance easier, then the sun decided to burn everything.

Massages – I was supposed to get 4 of them, but I decided to stop after 1 just because of the cost.  I did however get a 15 minute chair massage at work once a month.

Christmas Lights – I cut my number from 5000 lights down to 1200 lights, but we did successfully revamp Derek’s Christmas light display.

Family – Failed here… pretty much complete failure… spent time with Dad and Joyce but no time with extended family.

Vacation – I kicked the crap out of this one.  Having never gone on vacation before, I had one hell of a time in Florida, then also went to Comicon in Chicago, and slept over at Dad and Joyce’s for a night and at Steve and Kristin’s.

Finish Stuff – Yup another failure, I didn’t finish any of my card games, I did however create a new one, and I plan on having the newest one completed by this summer, with a working prototype.

Dates – My goal was 9 dates, I made it out on about 5… I am calling that a success as the previous year I did zero dating.

Discing – I wanted to hit 1000 holes and disc in 10 of 12 months.  I made it out every month except for January and February but I only disced about 850 holes.  On the bright side, I discovered a love of night discing.

Save Money – Well I’d say this was a success, however for every dollar I saved through changes in insurance or gas costs, I spent 3 dollars on things I probably didn’t need.

Bro – Oh yeah, my bro and I definitely got out a lot this last year.  We even spent a night in Milwaukee hitting a brewery boat tour and a Brewers game with our friend Justin.  Saw a couple of movies, went to Matt Kenseth’s fan club party, got his race used tire signed by Matt, he hosted a couple of movie nights, we played some games, got out bowling, out to a few meals, and played a little pool.  It was a good year.

So there you have it… looking back I feel a bit better, I think I’ll up my grade to a C+ somewhere around a 77%.  However, I am not going crazy with this year’s resolutions.

No comments:

Post a Comment